This course will provide an introduction to the skills to successfully manage and lead your team. It is designed to assist participants with the knowledge and confidence to ensure they continue on the road to successful management.
If you have recently become a leader, manager, or are about to be promoted into your first management position. This is also a great course for any leader who has had no formal training.
- What matters in teams (key elements of leading high performance teams)
- Leader versus manager (what is the difference)
- Appreciating the importance of self awareness – (DISC & MBTI profiling)
- Building effective communication skills (listening and feedback)
- High performance model (skill/will matrix of staff)
- Delegation (levels of and excuses)
- Coaching staff (role play with each other using the GROW model)
- Dealing with conflict (assertiveness and conflict management styles)
Richard Millar from Auckland
Richard is an experienced trainer and consultant. His areas of expertise include leadership development, frontline management development, team development, executive and personal development coaching, strategic/business planning and accounting for non-accountants training.
Richard has worked in a wide variety of organisations from small to large organisations in New Zealand, Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Richard’s depth of business knowledge and skills in sales, marketing, finance and general management coupled with a very practical approach to training and facilitation has provided excellent value to a large number of organisations.
Richard is member of the New Zealand Society of Accountants and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries & Administrators. He is an accredited DISC® consultant in behavioural profiling and a registered practitioner in MBTI®. He is a Fellow of the NZ Institute of Management and is qualified in Moderation and Workplace Assessment with NZQA. He holds the National Certificate in Adult Education and Training. He also provides community advice as a business mentor for Enterprise New Zealand.
WHAT PAST PARTICIPANTS SAY...
"Richard Miller is a very knowledgeable facilitator and his easy, friendly style was well received. I found the course on Essential Leadership Skills very informative on how to read staff and managers using the DISC methodology".
NEXT LEARNING STEP
Four Quadrant Leadership