Ensuring you and your colleagues remain free from injury at work takes not only care, but specific knowledge and skills.
This course will help you to understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, and its associated regulations, to maintain a safe working environment.
Content and delivery of this programme will be aligned with the most up to date requirements of health and safety training - whatever your business.
Health and safety representatives, members of a health and safety committee or any employee/employer wishing to understand the Health and Safety at Work Act and associated regulations.
Introduction to workplace health and safety
Role and functions of a health and safety representative
- Worker participation
- Risk management
- Accident and emergency investigations and reporting
- Workplace health and safety culture
- Advocacy skills
- Safety resources available
- Developing a plan of action
- Promote management of health and safety issues through the use of sound risk management systems and practices
- Encourage others to be active in preventing injuries
- Get your health and safety committee making a difference
NZQA UNIT STANDARD ASSESSMENT OPPORTUNITY
Assessment is open to all course participants if you choose (assessment fee additional). Further information about assessment procedures and fee will be explained during the training programme or please contact us for details.
NZQA Unit Standard 29315: Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace (Version 1, Level 3, 2 credits)
NEXT LEARNING STEPS
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT VOUCHER FUND
This workshop has qualified with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund programme.
- Building on Health and Safety Representative Training - Stage 2
- Advanced Training for Health and Safety Representatives - Stage 3
- Assertiveness Skills
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz