Wed 10 August 9:00am - 12:30pm
Training Room, Business South Inc, Level 3, 442 Moray Place, Dunedin
This workshop walks you through and teaches you how to manage people presenting as challenging or aggressive in any environment.
You will understand and learn the research and science around different behaviours such as frustration, aggression and anger and develop an insight into the biology of aggression and the role of our mental state.
After attending this workshop, you will walk away feeling confident to
• Understanding and identifying antecedent behaviours and their consequences
• Knowledge of the De-Escalation Definitions
• Awareness of the triggers around challenging behaviours
• Understanding of the environmental factors and controls
• Have a toolbox of tools to allow you to take control, handle and de-escalate heated situations quickly and professionally
• Techniques in having a calm presence by the right tone of voice, body language
• Competence in being able to complete incident reports and risk assessments.
• Understanding the requirement of legislation around De-Escalation
This session is aimed at social care service and customer service, frontline, call centre staff.
This content is created by a team with over 25 years of supporting high and complex individuals.
Not for Profit
$50 (inc GST)
$299 (inc GST)