Organisations have a legal duty to put in place suitable arrangements to manage for health and safety. Business leaders, owners, managers and supervisors all need to know how to keep people safe. This course will guide you through your legal obligations and introduce strategies to ensure your business is as healthy and as safe as possible. You will get an understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and learn the importance of understanding, promoting, and implementing effective health and safety practices.
Anyone who has responsibility for health and safety processes within their business including employers, business owners, managers, team leaders, supervisors, and those in human resource departments.
- What the current legislative framework requires and future expectations
- Defining a PCBU, a worker, an officer and their respective duties
- Communication and due diligence
- "All practicable steps" and "reasonably practicable"
- Hazard and risk identification and method of control
- What is effective worker engagement and consultation
- How to engage your workforce for effective hazard and risk assessments
- Monitoring of workplace health related issues
- Measuring safety performance
- Understanding the "duty of care" principals, contractors and sub-contractors
- Compliance with reporting obligations
- How health and safety representatives, supervisors, team leaders, middle managers, senior managers contribute to positive health and safety outcomes
- How different management styles and behaviours influence safety culture and outcomes.
NEXT LEARNING STEPS
- Creating Positive Culture in the Workplace Culture of Safety and Health
$ 470.00 + GST for members
$ 620.00 + GST for non-members
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT VOUCHER FUND
This workshop has qualified with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund programme.
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz