This inspirational programme is the catalyst that ignites relationship building with like-minded professional peers, fosters inspiration to take your leadership career to the next level and provides outstanding opportunities to learn from prominent Otago leaders. This programme runs over four weeks on Friday mornings.
The Leadership Academy develops future Otago business leaders to be better equipped for leadership within their organisation, workplace or business.
What is the Leadership Academy?
The Leadership Academy is for people looking at developing their existing leadership experience and who have the potential for holding senior positions and governance roles. The programme assists the participant to be equipped for leadership within their own organisation/business and the community.
The participant, at the completion of the eight experiential and reflective learning sessions, will have a good understanding of what is required to be a significant leader in their own organisation and in the wider business community.
Each of the four sessions is led by a senior executive from significant Otago based businesses or other organisations. Participants will benefit from the opportunity to interact with the presenters and build an ongoing connection with them and active engagement in dialogue is expected. Groups are limited to a maximum of 12 participants.
Each session is 1.5 hours long, with half an hour break, and active engagement in dialogue is expected.
- May 20: Mike Collins (Business South CEO) and Sian Sutton (Aurora Energy)
- May 27: Frank Gibbons (Air New Zealand, Regional Sales Manager) and Tim Brown (Delta)
- June 3: John Cushen (Business Advisor/Consultant) and Josie Spillance (Motorsport & Tourism & Entertainment Facilities)
- June 10: Megan Gibbons (Otago Polytechnic) and Sanchia Jacobs (Central Otago District Council, CEO)
For more information please contact Sandy Jefferies.
03 479 0181
For more information, read the Central Otago Leadership Academy flyer here
Central Otago Newcomer Leadership Scholarship
- May 20 and June 3 - The Gate Hotel Conference Centre 6 Barry Avenue, Cromwell
- May 27 and June 10 - Manuherekia Conference Centre Russell Street, Alexandra
We’re excited to have partnered with Welcoming Communities to offer the Central Otago Newcomer Leadership Scholarship. This scholarship aims to support the leadership development of newcomers within Central Otago’s business community and not-for-profit sectors, by enabling the successful applicant to attend our Central Otago Leadership Academy. More information about the scholarship can be found here