This programme will assist people to develop into confident communicators.
75-90% of a job role is communicating mainly with customers, suppliers or other staff.
This programme will suit managers, supervisors and front-line staff at all levels in an organisation.
After successful completion of this programme, it is expected participants will have the tools and techniques to be able to:
- Identify the key elements of effective communication
- Demonstrate active listening and questioning techniques
- Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of clear information – emails, letters etc
- Identify their communication style
- Communicate more effectively with others who have different communication styles
- Understand the importance of feedback
- Handle conflict better when communicating
The programme is highly participatory and practical. Participants will be shown the various processes, tools and techniques and then apply them in various exercises.
Richard Millar from Auckland
Richard is an experienced trainer and consultant. His areas of expertise include leadership development, front-line management development, team development, executive and personal development coaching, strategic/business planning and accounting for non-accountants training.
Richard has worked in a wide variety of organisations from small to large organisations in New Zealand, Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Richard’s depth of business knowledge and skills in sales, marketing, finance and general management coupled with a very practical approach to training and facilitation has provided excellent value to a large number of organisations.
Richard is member of the New Zealand Society of Accountants and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries & Administrators. He is an accredited DISC® consultant in behavioural profiling and a registered practitioner in MBTI®. He is a Fellow of the NZ Institute of Management and is qualified in Moderation and Workplace Assessment with NZQA. He holds the National Certificate in Adult Education and Training. He also provides community advice as a business mentor for Enterprise New Zealand.