Equip participants with the tools to effectively deal with the ever-increasing demands on our time, energy and resources.
New Zealand labour productivity has been declining relative to other OECD countries for decades. We worked, on average, 17% longer than the average of the top half of the OECD to produce about 40% less prior to the arrival of the Covid pandemic in 2020.
It seems New Zealanders are working longer and harder, with less to show for it.
With Thriving, we hope to change that.
To be able to handle the everyday stresses and challenges that are commonplace in today’s workplace settings.
Individuals or teams that want to:
- Understand what they can control, and let go of what they can’t control, in their working lives
- Understand themselves and the people they work with, so that they communicate more effectively and work more cohesively
- Learn about time and out attitudes towards it
- Develop a focus on solution based problem solving, that will enable them to make change and move forward
This is a six-module programme covers what we believe to be the keys to thriving in the modern workplace. Richard Joseph & Associates have spent years gathering feedback from their clients to create a toolbox of strategies to not only survive, but thrive.
The modules cover the following:
Module One – Expanding the Mind
Module Two – Taking Control
- Introduction to the program, the content, and the process.
- Expanding the mind to encourage new ideas, solutions, and systems
- Review current time utilisation at work
Module Three – ACT with Ownership
- Clarify your purpose in your workplace
- Build awareness of the Spheres of Control and how you interact with these in every situation
- Build awareness of the different lens’ you use in your everyday world
- Introduce a Solution Focused lens and its application
Module Four – Write Short Letters
- Introduce a structure for responding to your workplace experiences efficiently and effectively
Module Five – Time and Managing
- Discuss the communication process
- Discuss Myers Briggs Type Indicator and its impact on communication
- A framework for participating in communication with economy and clarity
- Tools for common roadblocks to communication in the workplace
Module Six – Growing, Developing and being Successful
- Dispel myths around Time Management and how to better engage with time
- Tools to deal with time both proactively and reactively
- Utilising your energy and commitment to take the most from the program moving forward
- Setting a plan for making change happen in a lasting and effective way
Our facilitators will present tools and concepts as well as anecdotes to guide participants through. Emphasis is placed upon experiential learning so that participants are practicing the material most relevant to them from the beginning.
DURATION & FORMAT
- Learners will be able communicate more effectively, utilise their time more efficiently and understand what they can and can’t control and influence.
9am – 12pm over 6 weeks
Workshop 1: Wednesday, 13 July 2022 ► 9:00am - 12:00pm
Workshop 2: Wednesday, 20 July 2022 ► 9:00am - 12:00pm
Workshop 3: Wednesday, 27 July 2022 ► 9:00am - 12:00pm
Workshop 4: Wednesday, 03 August 2022 ► 9:00am - 12:00pm
Workshop 5: Wednesday, 10 August 2022 ► 9:00am - 12:00pm
Workshop 6: Wednesday, 17 August 2022 ► 9:00am - 12:00pm
*You will be automatically registered for other parts of the workshop when you register for the first workshop.
Kim Conroy, Director of Richard Joseph & Associates
– Facilitator and Mediator
Kim is a trained facilitator and mediator and a professional member of the Resolution Institute who has a background in Management and Psychology. She is passionate about helping people get past the unconscious roadblocks in their lives that are holding them back, believing that understanding who you are, and why you do the things you do, can give you the insight and motivation to make purposeful, effective and long-lasting change, that can in turn, lead to a happier and healthier life.