What would your organisation be capable of if all of your team were achieving their potential?
If problems became opportunities; failures became feedback?
What if your people had the knowledge and insight to realise what they are actually capable of in the workplace and the tools to start living it?
Turning Point is a personal development and performance programme, grounded in the theory of psychology and human development. This staff training programme is built on the knowledge that self-aware, self-managing individuals form the foundation of any successful organisation.
When a person is clear about what is important to them, has self-serving beliefs about themselves and the world and recognises their power of choice, then they can achieve anything they set their mind to.
To develop robust individuals who have a high level of self awareness and use that knowledge to gain the most out of their life
Turning Point is popular as a course for emerging leaders but is also a strong foundational course which clients use to boost the uptake of, engagement in, and implementation of, various in-house programmes or initiatives.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Traditionally personal development has focused on achieving goals without focusing on the individual. We work from the premise that if you focus on yourself first, building on and strengthening your capability, while becoming aware of what can prevent you from achieving your desired outcomes, the chances are much greater that you will succeed.
TURNING POINT CHALLENGES PEOPLE TO:
- Gain clarity about what they want in life
- Examine their beliefs about themselves and the world
- Address factors that are holding them back
- Experiment with problem-solving techniques
- Begin to learn effective leadership and followership skills
- Practise working smarter, not harder
3 Days ► 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
Module 1 – Foundation
Module 2 – Inhibitors
- Gets people in the right mindset to grow
- Don’t let your comfort zone become your prison.
- Growth requires courage
- Knowing is NOT the same as doing
Module 3 – Allies
- Uncovers the internal blocks that are holding people back
- What’s really driving your behaviour?
- Are your beliefs limiting you?
- Do you control your emotions, or do they control you?
- Don’t think outside the box, think like there is no box.
Module 4 – Self-Management
- Builds people’s personal resources and inner drive
- What truly matters to you?
- How do you define success?
- Are you living by your values or for other people’s?
Module 5 – Successful Change
- Gets people to think proactively and take control of their wellbeing
- Are you maximising your power of choice or frittering it away?
- Are you diminishing or expanding your life and work options?
- Do you blindly react or consciously respond?
- Work smarter, not harder.
- People make a solid, detailed plan for change
- Getting from knowing to doing
- Having the energy you need to live the life you want
- Maximising your strengths and support network
to download a full Turning Point programme overview
Richard Joseph, Director of Richard Joseph & Associates
Richard has an extensive background in management in both New Zealand and Australia. Following seven years in management roles in Australian Credit Bureaus, he returned to New Zealand to establish his own firm Protocol Credit Bureau Ltd. After mergers with three other companies it expanded to become CreditCorp Services Ltd, a public company with fourteen branches nationwide. As well as a Director, Richard was General Manager of Consulting and Education.
He left CreditCorp to pursue his calling in the field of leadership training and personal development. Twenty-eight years ago, he formed Richard Joseph & Associates Ltd, a management consulting company based in Dunedin, with a network of associates throughout Australasia and beyond. This company employs Richard’s particular philosophy in enhancing the performance of organisations by developing the potential of the people within the organisation.
Richard is the author of the 3-day leadership programme Turning Point™* which has been run extensively throughout Australasia and beyond. This programme has proven so successful that it has expanded into a suite of integrated development programmes. Richard has supported change management and individual & team development for a diverse range of clients including government organisations, large corporations, tribal authorities, schools and small businesses.
In addition, Richard is well known as a versatile conference speaker.