Posting is not Marketing: Building your social media marketing strategy for success
Being effective on social media is crucial for organisations and businesses of all sizes.
Just ‘posting’ on social media is not the point, you must have some kind of meaningful objective or clear focus. Without a strategy, you or your team might just be wasting your time or worse, you could be negatively impacting your organic (free) reach.
This lunchtime seminar will dive into the steps to create an effective social media strategy.
Business owners, Managers or key staff who oversee or manages the marketing of the organisation.
When used correctly, Social Media offers the opportunity to showcase your Brand’s personality, story and connect with potential customers. By developing long-term relationships with your target markets, they are much more likely to purchase from you than other brands they have no connection with.
But what is often overlooked is any planning on how to achieve your business goals or what you should to be posting.
This lunchtime seminar will cover off what you need to know about creating a successful strategy for social media including what you need to do so your staff can effectively run your social media.
We will navigate through the key elements of a social media strategy, covering best practices for your business or organisation to help you stay ahead of the competition.
- Who are you? What is your USP?
- Which platforms your business should be on?
- The dangers of not having a social media strategy in place
- Overview of the key elements of a social media strategy
- Understanding what content you should be showcasing on your channels
- How to support your staff so they can effectively manage social media
- Steps to develop posting guidelines
- Be able to create meaningful objectives for your social media marketing
- Have the confidence to design your organisation’s social media strategy with a solid framework and best practices
- Have a grounding in what you need to provide staff who manage your social media
Philippa Crick, Director of the Digital Marketing Agency, Cre8ive Marketing Ltd
A leading marketing expert, Philippa has been developing and delivering marketing and social media training since 2014.
At the forefront of social media and digital marketing, Philippa translates her knowledge amassed over two decades to guide organisations on how to effectively integrate ‘social’ into their overall marketing strategy and how to better manage their social media marketing.
A confident and passionate speaker, she regularly runs group courses as well as in-house corporate training sessions and is a keynote speaker at events around the country.
Philippa has an extensive marketing background particularly in branding, websites, search engine optimisation and social media. Philippa is certified with Google Ads and manages a number of campaigns across a range of industries.
NEXT LEARNING STEPS
- DIY Search Engine Optimisation – 8 steps anyone can follow to get their website up the rankings
- Instagram 101
- Understanding the Facebook Algorithm
- Improve your local search rankings