A course for those who need to train others in the workplace!
Whether you are a team leader or supervisor who inducts, trains and coaches team members, a health and safety representative wanting to pass on your knowledge, or you are someone who just does a bit of training as a part of their job, you’ll want to get your planning and delivery just right. This workshop will introduce you to all types of training tools to help create and deliver engaging, compelling training sessions that will encourage trainees to learn new skills and put them into practice on the job.
- Managers, team leaders & supervisors
- Health & Safety Representatives
- Technical people or subject matter experts
- An in-company training officer
- Understanding training and facilitation
- Creating a lesson plan
- Preparing for the workshop
- Getting off on the right foot
- Delivery tips and tricks
- Keeping it interactive
- Dealing with difficult participants
- Tackling tough topics
- Define training, facilitating, and presenting
- Understand how to identify participants’ training needs
- Create a lesson plan that incorporates the range of learning preferences
- Create an active, engaging learning environment
- Develop visual aids and supporting materials
- Manage difficult participants and tough topics
Phillip Boult from Dunedin
Phillip has over 25 years’ experience in construction, agricultural and industrial machinery supply, and maintenance. Including technical and safety training in the South Island of New Zealand. Phillip understands that a safe workplace is one where everyone is actively involved through awareness and communication. He has an ability to communicate technical and safety information in simple terms that people can relate to and understand in everyday situations.
He is an Associate Member of the Institute of Quarrying, Associate Member of the Property Institute of New Zealand, Associate Member of Civil Contractors of New Zealand. He is a registered Assessor for Connexis and a registered Assessor for MITO. With a strong technical background including machine application in Caterpillar, Volvo, Yanmar, Hyster, Dynapac, JCB, IHI, Sumitomo, Hyundai and Terex, Phill is an A Grade Automotive Engineer, Caterpillar Certified Sales Professional with specialist Volvo product knowledge.
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT VOUCHER FUND
Business South Inc offers services that are registered with the Management Capability Development Fund.
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz