Research shows that job interviews are often no more reliable than tossing a coin.
Do you want to hire the right candidate for your organisation? Are your interviews failing to produce enough reliable information to pick the right person?
Selecting staff with the right skills, knowledge, and attitude is important for building the best and brightest teams.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
This virtual course explores how to assess a candidate’s suitability for a role, with a focus on interviewing skills in person, by phone, or online.
- Discover how to ask the right questions to deduct their skill level and assess their attitudes and values.
- Explore how to select the right staff and follow lawful hiring processes in this HR and manager’s guide to hiring and interviewing skills.
- Find out how to identify and manage unconscious biases, which can lead to the wrong hiring decisions.
Presented by an experienced employment lawyer, this practical course provides a comprehensive overview of lawful recruitment processes and pre-employment checks to avoid costly mistakes.
Through discussion and group activities, course participants will explore how to recruit the right staff and follow the right hiring processes.
This course is useful for managers and team leaders, who attend job interviews, as well as HR professionals seeking practical tools on best practise in selection processes.
This course is designed to help you:
DURATION & FORMAT
- Attract talent through recruitment and employer branding
- Explore reliable selection methods
- Prepare for selection of staff using competency mapping
- Interviewing skills in person, by phone or online
- Practise situational, competency-based and behavioural questions
- Lawfully conduct pre-employment checks
- Find out how to identify and manage unconscious biases
- Detect possible deception and toxic behaviours in interviews and reference checking
- Complete hiring processes for new job candidates
Interviewing Skills and Hiring Talent is a 5.5-hour course, facilitated online. Concepts and case law will be introduced and explained, then applied through scenarios and discussions. Real-time interactions including group activities, polls and Q&As will allow you to connect and ask questions throughout the course. Participants can attend this course individually or as part of the programme on HR Guide for Managers
***This course is part of the programme for HR Guide for Managers. To attend the full programme, please see HR Guide for Managers***
NEXT LEARNING STEP
Julia Shallcrass from KiwiBoss Christchurch
As director of KiwiBoss, employment lawyer Julia Shallcrass develops leaders to improve their management and communication skills. Julia is a practical and engaging presenter with expertise in training leaders to create high-performing workplaces in the course, Leader’s Guide to Performance Management
. Julia is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT VOUCHER FUND
This workshop is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund programme.
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz